Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Sad Trip to Dallas


So Jeff, Sophy, and I went to Dallas yesterday. My great grandmother died on saturday so we went down for the funeral. She lived a long life and it really was more of a celebration of her life than a sad day. It honestly was the most uplifting funeral I've ever been to. The best part was seeing all the family. We haven't all been together since my wedding...and I was a little distracted at that occasion. Also Since Heather and Graham wouldn't be able to come down for christmas it was a nice chance to see them. We of course took the oppertunity for a family picture.
Thanks to everyone who prayed for my great grandmother and my grandmother. Also thank you for the flowers and cards. It meant very much to all of us.

1 comment:

Heather Sutherlin said...

Shannon, let's do soup this week on the recipe page. I have a few great ones and cold weather makes me think of soup. Get your recipes ready and post them soon so that I can tell the girls at church about the blog. Love ya!
Heather