Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I always think it's better to talk about the new year's resolutions from the year before then to talk about the new ones. So let's recap last years resolutions and if I made it. Tommorrow I might share my new resolutions with you, but for now I feel like looking back. This is New Year's Eve (also known as my anniversary) and I have less than an hour untilt he year is over. I made two big goals for 2009. Yes goals, not resolutions, I have already explained the difference, and will again later I'm sure, but not now.
Goal #1: Where makeup and do my hair Every time I leave the house.
Ok, so I didn't totally make this one. Running to the store when I'm sick, and even a few social outings were conducted sans makeup! And doing my hair sometimes meant I washed and brushed it before taking Sophy to school. So not a total success, but still a valent effort. I would say that I did myself up more then I didn't. I felt great about myself which helped with the weight loss. I have enjoyed this goal and plan to continue next year!
Goal #2: Read 100 books in this year.
Ok, so this goal had me sweating a few times this year. There was stress, and money spent, and things given up, but I still loved it. I had a side goal of 80% of those books being ones I'd never read before. I did not make my side goal, but I am happy to announce that I went over my 100 book goal this year! I know I have posted a partial list, but I plan on listing it in it's entirety here. I really like have a list of the books I read this year. I think I'll try to keep a record of my reading list each year. Now I know I re-read several books on the list (and no making fun of twilight Emily...at least not here) but several where for a writing project I did in Novemeber, and Well the Twilight movie came out and I'm a sucker for that series.
Books I've read in 2009:
1. The Warrior Heir by: Cinda Williams Chima
2. The Wizard Heir by: Cinda Williams Chima
3. The Dragon Heir by: Cinda Williams Chima
4. Pride and Prejudice by: Jane Austin
5. Mansfield Park by: Jane Austin
6. The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins
7. Confessions of a Shopaholic by: Sophie Kinsella
8. Shopaholic takes Manhattan by: Sophie Kinsella
9. Shopaholic Ties the Knot by: Sophie Kinsella
10. Shopaholic and Sister by: Sophie Kinsella
11. Shopaholic and Baby by: Sophie Kinsella
12. Persuasion by: Jane Austin
13. The Princess Academy by: Shannon Hale
14. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by: E. L. Konigsburg
15. Shadow Spinner by: Susan Fletcher
16. The House of the Scorpion by: Nancy Farmer
17. Ingraine the Brave by: Cornilia Funke
18. Leven Thumps: The gateway to Foo by: Obert Skye
19. Leven Thumps: The whispered secret by: Obert Skye
20. Leven Thumps: The eyes of the want by: Obert Skye
21. Leven Thumps: The wrath of Ezra by: Obert Skye
22. God's Tomorrow by: Aaron Pogue
23. Ghost Targets- Expectations by: Aaron Pogue
24. The Mysterious Benedict Society by: Trenton Lee Stewart
25. Strange Happenings by: Avi
26. The Shakespeare Stealer by: Gary Blackwood
27. Twilight by: Stephanie Meyer *
28. New Moon by: Stephanie Meyer *
29. Eclipse by: Stephanie Meyer *
30. Breaking Dawn by: Stephanie Meyer *
31. The Lighting Thief by: Rick Riordan
32. Sea of Monsters by: Rick Riordan
33. The Titan's Curse by: Rick Riordan
34. The Battle of the Labyrinth by: Rick Riordan
35. The Last Olympian by: Rick Riordan
36. Jeremy Thatcher Dragon Hatcher by: Bruce Coville
37. The War with Grandpa by: Robert Kimmel Smith
38. The Lacemaker and the Princess by: Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
39. The Dragon of Lonely Island by: Rebecca Rupp
40. The Dragon Rider by: Cornilia Funke
41. The Naming by: Alison Croggon
42. The Riddle by: Alison Croggon
43. The Crow by: Alison Croggon
44. The Singing by: Alison Croggon
45. Secrets of my Hollywood Life by: Jen Calonita
46. On Location by: Jen Calonita
47. Family Affairs by: Jen Calonita
48. Paparazzi Princess by: Jen Calonita
49. Darcy's Story by: Janet Aylmer
50. Princess Diaries by: Meg Cabot *
51. Princess in the spotlight by: Meg Cabot *
52. Princess in Love by: Meg Cabot *
53. Princess in Waiting by: Meg Cabot *
54. Princess in Pink by: Meg Cabot *
55. Princess in Training by: Meg Cabot *
56. Party Princess by: Meg Cabot *
57. Princess on the Brink by: Meg Cabot
58. Princess Mia by: Meg Cabot
59. Forever Princess by: Meg Cabot
60. Walk Two Moons by: Sharon Creech
61. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by: Trenton Lee Stewart
62. The Return of Calico Bright by: David Winkler
63. The Catalog of the Universe by: Margaret Mahy
64. Beowulf: A new Telling by: Robert Nye
65. Never Slow dance with a Zombie by: E Van Lowe
66. False Colors by: Georgette Heyer *
67. Howl's Moving Castle by: Diana Wynne Jones
68. Castle in the Air by: Diana Wynne Jones
69. Catching Fire by: Suzanne Collins
70. The Fire Within by:Chris D'Lacey
71. Icefire by:Chris D'Lacey
72. Fire Star by:Chris D'Lacey
73. The Fire Eternal by:Chris D'Lacey
74. Wolf Tower by: Tanith Lee
75. Wolf Star by: Tanith Lee
76. Wolf Queen by: Tanith Lee
77. Bewitching Season by: Marissa Doyle
78. The Book of 100 Truths by: Julie Schumacher
79. Devil's Cub by: Georgette Heyer *
80. Arabella by: Georgette Heyer *
81. Dreamhunter by: Elizabeth Knox
82. Dreamquake by: Elizabeth Knox
83. The 21 Balloons by: William Pène du Bois
84. The Grand Sophy by: Georgette Heyer *
85. Princess Mia by: Meg Cabot *
86. Forever Princess by: Meg Cabot *
87. Pillage by: Obert Skye
88. City of Bones by: Cassandra Clare
89. City of Ashes by: Cassandra Clare
90. City of Glass by: Cassandra Clare
91. Secrets of my Hollywood Life by: Jen Calonita *
92. On Location by: Jen Calonita *
93. Family Affairs by: Jen Calonita *
94. Twilight by: Stephanie Meyer *
95. New Moon by: Stephanie Meyer *
96. Eclipse by: Stephanie Meyer *
97. Breaking Dawn by: Stephanie Meyer *
98. New Moon by: Stephanie Meyer *
99. Eclipse by: Stephanie Meyer *
100. Breaking Dawn by: Stephanie Meyer *
101. Talent by: Zoey Dean
102. A Girl Like Moi by: Lisa Barham
103. Cindy Ella by: Robin Palmer
104. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by: Elizabeth Speare *
105. A Bride for Donnigan by: Janette Oke *
106. Old Magic by: Marianne Curley
107. Fairy Tale by: Cyn Balog

The books with Stars (*) are ones I'd read before. I was only a little off my 80% goal. Of this list there are several I would recommend, or even loan out, but there are more that I would tell you not to bother with! Feel free to ask about any for my honest opinion.
Of these I HIGHLY recommend (as in they are one of my favorites):
#6, #16, #22 & #23, #27- #35, #41- #44, #67, #79, #81 & #82, #104

8 comments:

Elizabeth Knox said...

hey, thanks! I'm very glad to see myself with the Howl and the Witch of Blackbird Pond -- two books I loved.

Shannon said...

I CAN NOT Believe that you just posted on my blog!!!!
I absolutely LOVED Dreamhunter and Dreamquake and tell everyone I know about them! The end was one of the best endings ever. I still find myself thinking about the story sometimes.
Wow, I feel so special....

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Saw your comment over at Moonie's and had to stop by!

I read THE MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY, THE HUNGER GAMES, and CATCHING FIRE this year, too.

Right now, I'm re-reading THE WITCH OF BLACKBIRD POND along with my sixth and seventh-grade book club.

We happen to have the same blog template. :)

Anonymous said...

hey everybody

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone!

Can't wait to get to know you all better!

-Marshall

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

hi everybody


Just saying hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

I truly loved this brilliant article. Please continue this awesome work. Regards, Duyq.

Anonymous said...

thank you ! quite useful publish!