Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Last weekly update before baby!

I'm 38 weeks today! I had a doctors appointment and the baby is moving up instead of down. Much like what Sophy did. I started contracting on Friday and it hasn't stopped so my doctor decided to move things up a bit. I'm now having the baby on Monday! She also gave me some medicine to help me sleep through the contractions and I'm supposed to take it easy until then. We had a little scramble of phone calls to try to rearrange everything. I think it's mostly worked out, but I have 5 more days to get it in working order. I just might have to call a few friends in to help if things don't quite fall into place in the end.
I think all the major cleaning and preparing has been done already. All I really have to do between now and then is sit back and wait. Which if you know me is not my favorite thing in the world to do.....so maybe some scrap-booking instead. I'm missing my monthly crop this month to have a baby so it would be nice to get some work done. That is if Sophy would cooperate. I think Jeff and I are going to go out to eat once this week as a finale family of 3 before things get crazy around here. That will be nice.
Sophy is doing really well. She is starting to catch on to the whole idea of the potty. We credit this to my friend Jessica and her daughter Ruthie who is potty training right now. Now we just need to go get the little potty cover and the step stool so she can start trying. She also learned several other new things this week:
- How to open a door.
- How to close a door.
- How to balance a spoon on her nose.
- How to blow bubbles with a bubble wand.
- To buckle herself into her highchair.
- To ask for a hug.
She is super cute too! I love to see her stretch out her arms and say "ug". She'll also give us kisses now. Bedtime is a lot sweeter than it used to be.
Now to get Jeff to do the things I'm not supposed to do......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting!

Good luck with everything on Monday. We'll be praying about you.

-Amanda

Regina said...

Ready or not here she comes! I will be praying for a safe delivery with no complications. Sounds like Sophy will be a big help!

the Spocks said...

Congragulations and good luck, little girls are the best.

the Spocks said...

you can see our family's website at http://acatdoglife.blogspot.com

Sarabeth W

Jessica said...

I'll be gone most of next week, but if she arrives in time for a Monday night visit we'll head that way!

Send me a text or give me a call when you guys are good to go....so happy for you, and can't wait to meet little noname!