Saturday, April 26, 2008

Party!

Lola's 1st birthday aprty was today. It was a small gathering and it went very well. I made the two cakes and some candies for the event. Both candy making and cake decorating are new to me, but I had a friend who had some experience and she came over to help and walk me through it. I think they turned out GREAT! Lola's cake was an applesauce spice cake and had soy frosting...so it was 100% dairy free. We had a much less healthy and much more tasty option for our guests! I can't wait till my skills at decorating are challenged again!
Lola got lots of great presents and had a very happy day. She got to go out for lunch and have her party and then after her nap she had friends over to play till late and watched movies! What a big girl she is!

3 comments:

Aaron Pogue said...

You know, I didn't get around to saying anything to you because you were busy hosting, but the candies were great. I had five or six of the little blue roses.

So much for not having any sweets....

Regina said...

Wow - great looking cakes! Happy Birthday to Lola!

Mssrowlett said...

I am so glad that I could be there! I agree with Aaron...those candies were very good and cute too! I really enjoyed the party and being with all of you.