Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trip to Houston

So as many of you now know we just got back from a trip to Houston. Customarily I like to post each night that I am gone with an update from the day so I don't forget and everyone can share in our vacation. This time I was prevented from doing that. We had traveled down for my aunts surprise party. Since she didn't know I was in town we weren't able to post on here or facebook or anything! I felt so cut off from the world! I did take lots of pictures and saved my posts though so you could see it now!
Our trip started on Monday when my sister and her three kids arrived at my house in OKC. I took them out to POPS for dinner. It wasn't much, but we didn't have too much time. The rest of the night was spent finishing the packing for the next day. On Tuesday we loaded up my kids, her kids and ourselves in her minivan and took off. Our first official stop was going to be Dallas to visit a little with my grandmother. We did mosey on down taking time out for the gainsville outlet mall and IKEA before actually meeting up with grandma.
We spent the night in Dallas and headed out after breakfast for Longveiw Tx to see my grandad. Once again we were moseying along and stopped at the Outlet mall in Tyler along the way.
We spent the night Wednesday in Longveiw and headed out the next day after breakfast for Houston. As soon as we got to Houston we headed to the Children's Muesuem. Since we have a Science Center membership here in OKC we were able to get all of us intot he children's museum for free! We like free!
The mesuem was awesome! The kids favorite part was a town built for kids. They were all given an atm card and had to work jobs in the town to get their paychecks. They deposited their paychecks in the atm machines and could get out money to pay for things in town. Sophy liked being a chef inthe restaurant the most and Lola liked being a cop.
There was much more on our trip, but you'll have to check back to see it all!

No comments: