Monday, October 05, 2009

Book Update

I am currently on book #80 in my quest to read 100 books this year. So I'm getting close tot he end, which is good since it's October! Man where did the year go?
I'd give an update of what I've been reading lately, but I figure I'll just post the full list at the end of the year. Then I'll have lots of recommendations for everyone! I was really hoping that my brother would finish book 3 in his Ghost Targets series before the end of the year so it could be on the list with the other two, well that and i just want to read it, but I haven't seen a copy yet....hint hint.
Reading books makes me think of all the books I've read in the past, good and bad. By far I have more favorites then books I hated. And lots in between. I have many faves on my shelf here at home. I recently read a book that combines young adult and Georgette Heyer style romance! Loved it!
There is one book in my life that I can't seem to forget. It was a classic story about a well-off girl who moves in with a farm family. They tell her she has to carry her weight and keep trying her out on family chores. She is terrible at all but one, spinning silk. Its a sweet story, and honestly I don't remember much more of the story. I found the book in 5th grade at the school library near the Laura Ingalls Wilder books on the shelf. I don't know the name and haven't found it since. I wish I could re-read it, but that would mean finding out what it is first!
Oh well.
Are there any stories in your life that you want to find but don't know the name of?

1 comment:

Heather Sutherlin said...

Please tell me you are a B&N member because their coupons lately have been awesome!