Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dairy is the Enemy!


Currently my house is filled with the aroma of baking bread. A sweet bread with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top. Heavenly yes? Well not so much if you know that as soon as it comes out of the oven you'll have to set it aside and watch other people eat it while you get none. Why do I get none you ask? Well for a while now I have noticed that the bumps on Lola's face (which I thought was baby acne) were getting worse. After I while I started asking questions and looking things up only to find that she has eczema and it's getting worse by the day. She is also very grumpy and gassy all of a sudden. My mother in law happens to be in town and she takes a look over her and tells me that Jeff looked that way when he was a baby every time she had dairy because he is allergic to dairy. I responded that I knew about him being Lactose intolerant. Come to find out the two things are VERY different and Jeff is allergic not intolerant. Which means that as a baby he could have NO dairy of any kind even through breast milk. So Tammy could have no dairy. Needless to say I wasn't too happy about the idea of going dairy free, but I decided I would try it for a week to see if it helps any (it takes 3 days to get out of my system and 3 more days to get out of Lola's). Unfortunately for me/ fortunately for Lola her face started clearing up immediately and today she is smiling and happy like she hasn't been all week. So it looks like it's going to be dairy free for me till she's weaned. Also stinks that I already stocked up on Formula for later which she can't have....anyone want to buy some formula? Cheap?

7 comments:

the Spocks said...

what kind of formula? I am sorry, that she is allergic to diary.

Amber said...

Oh that's too bad. But I'm glad she's feeling better!

just a quick question... why can't you eat the bread? because of the cooked egg? just not sure what the correlation is.

Shannon said...

She is nursed not formula fed. That is why I have to go off milk. And the bread is a sweet bread that I spent 10 days feeding and stiring before I could bake it and the starter is 1/3 milk!

the Spocks said...

i did not notice this before but it looks like Lola is deep in thought while sleeping and that is just too cute.

Anonymous said...

you know that you mean dairy-- not diary, right?

Anonymous said...

I was getting confused as well with the diary/dairy words. Was starting to think diary had a double meaning

Anonymous said...

Is Lola doing any better now?