Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A few weeks ago I planned out cute outfits for the girls in green with matching bows. I so looked forward to sending them off to school in said outfits! What a joy that St. Patrick's day landed on a Tuesday this year! Oh wait, that was before I found out that this week was spring break. No school, so no good parent award for thinking ahead and planning out cute green outfits for both girls. Oh well, maybe next time.
Since we had no school today I was tested for fun St. Patrick's activities for kiddos. You can't really drink green beer with the kids! Ha! So we had green milk at lunch. They both loved it. And for dinner I made green eggs and ham. At first Sophy wasn't so sure of what to do with green eggs. Lola ate hers all up in seconds! Sophy did come around, but it took a while to convince her to have that first bite. A quick re-telling of how St. Patrick rid Ireland of the snakes (done each year) and our St. Patrick's day drew to a close. Not too exciting I know, but the girls seemed to like it.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Very cool celebration. I would eat the green eggs, but I'm not sure about the green milk...

Heather Sutherlin said...

They are so cute, it kills me!