Thursday, March 05, 2009

Spring Cleaning Part 1

I heard that March was official "Spring Cleaning Month". It also happens to be "National Frozen Food Month" too. Coincidence? Maybe, but I like to think not.
I have done several things to prepare for this month. The first of which was eating a lot of frozen food items to make room in deep freezer. I call it cleaning it out, but in reality I'm making room for all the great sales that will be coming! It also keeps me cleaning in the kitchen as I prepare all our yummy meals.
The second thing I've done to prepare was a general disregard for house work. I let the dishes and clothes pile up to unheard of proportions. I also planned out a big project, several times and often unsuccessfully. The goal was to turn my daughters two bedrooms into four usable spaces. They needed to be: Bedrooms (already functioning in this capacity), Guestroom (already working as such, but very poorly done), and Playroom. The playroom was the biggie. As it was currently I had toys divided into both rooms And a dollhouse in the hall, AND books in the living room. I finally got fed up with the toys getting ALL over the house. It was hard to pick up because things went to four different places and mixed up together each time. So the plan to put it all in one room was formed. I'm very excited to get my house back!
It took several trys to come up with a plan that could come close to succeeding in the goal! I think I finally did and got to work yesterday. Here is a list of all the items I've crossed off my list:
- Clean out Lola's Closet
- Move Sophy's clothes to Lola's Closet
- Clean Out Sophy's Closet
- Move Sophy's Kitchen into her Closet
- Clean up all the toys in Sophy's Room
- Clean up all the Toys in Lola's Room
- Move all Lola's Toys to Sophy's room
- Wash Laundry (all 10 loads!)
- Wash Dishes
- Strip down the beds and wash Sheets/blankets
- Clean up my Room

Today starts a whole new list of chores! I'll try to update once I've finished it all. I thought about taking Before pictures, but then I'd have to let the world know how bad my house was to start with! I can't wait to finish and post After pictures!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Hmm... are you sure you're not nesting? :-p

Shannon said...

Yep, I'm sure! I miss nesting! I had such Motivation to clean! It was great. Actually my house could really do with some nesting right now!