Sunday, May 24, 2009

Backyard makeover part 1

Our backyard makeover has taken a HUGE step towards being finished! We now have a patio that is twice the size of the old one! I am very excited about my new beautiful patio! The rain even held off long enough for the patio to be poured and setup! Thank you for answered prayers. While they were out with the tiller I asked the contractor to break up the land for the playground. They did it cheap too! Jeff and I made a quick trip to Lowe's and got the stuff for our part of the project. In the end we decided to go with astroturf for the play area. I had to get creative looking for stakes to hold it down, but I finally remembered that tent stakes should work nicely. A quick trip to Academy Sports and we were all set. It took us most the day, but we got it finished. We still have a little work to do with the edgeing, but we need the patio to fully set up before we can finish. I was very impressed with how great ADC Concrete was! They even worked over the weekend to be sure that it was done in time for our memorial day picnic. We are now officially open for playdates!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Wow, it looks great. I'm glad that the rain didn't come. I can't wait to see it in person. I bet you added quite abit to your property value!