Saturday, June 17, 2006

And We're Back!

We've been gone for Two weeks! Vacation you ask? Well....kinda. Jeff had to go to Shreveport and I tagged along. Jeff dropped Sophy and I off at Grandma's house in Dallas. Mom, Heather, and Trish came on Thursday and we all went to the Arlington Great American Scrapbook Convention while Grandma watched Sophy. It was so hard to be away from her! At least I wasn't that far away so It wasn't too bad! I was very happy to hold her when we got back though! Sophy was great! Grandma said she was an easy baby. I'm glad she was good for her, but I wish she was that good for me! While at the convention we did a lot of free make and takes and did some great shopping! We went to the friday evening crop and it was like a big party with some scrapping thrown in! We got great goody bags just for going and had a lot of fun. I didn't get alot of work done (too many distractions)but the pages I did turned out great! All in all I highly recommend the Great American Scrapbook Convention to anyone who likes scrapbooking, card making, or stamping.
After the convention Sophy and I stayed another week. Sophy LOVED to play with her cousin Hana. They were so cute. Hana apperantly likes to ride like a horse on her brother's back. She would see Sophy crawling across the floor and assume it was an invitation. Before we knew it Hana would stradle Sophy and sit down on her back, at this point Sophy's arms and Legs would go shooting out from under her and there they both would be on the floor. Sophy looking at me like "help?" and Hana bouncy like "why won't it go?". It was very funny. I'm happy for Sophy that she's going to have so many cousins and second cousins so close to her age to play with as she grows up!
We also spent a couple afternoons up at Grandma's office. It was a chance to get out of the house, check my email, etc. Sophy made an uneffective and very cute receptionist for Mastersound. All in all it was a good trip and we are very glad to be home again.
Oh yeah...Sophy cut another tooth. That makes two now. If only she could cut a tooth AND let us get some sleep......that would be great!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you post some pictures of the pages you made? Scrapbooking is interesting to me, but I'm not sure I'm ready to dive in yet. But I'm always looking for inspiration.

Hugs,
Melinda

Shannon said...

Sure. I think I have some pages on here already too. My sisters and I are about to start a scrap blog to see hwat we do between visits. I'll link that one too once it's up. Also you can check out the idea gallery on Memory Works. It's full of neat ideas! Happy scraping!

Anonymous said...

Molly is still ahead. She cut tooth number 3 on Friday. Muahaha!!!!

Shannon said...

yeah well Sophy is still bigger! She's up to 18 lbs! Hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

YOU'VE GOT ME THERE!!! Molly was weighed 2 weeks ago, and she was 14 lbs. Crazy, huh? My kid has now started wearing size 2 diapers (even though she can still fit into size 1-2's still, I am ready for her to be moving on up)