Monday, June 26, 2006

Good News.

So I know I've been bad about posting lately. I notice I post more when I'm taking more pictures....lately I've been bad about taking pictures. Why? My camera is on the fritz! Sometimes it works just fine, and sometimes it doesn't. It's driving me nutty. I think it might be time to get a new camera. It's diffucult though because my camera hasn't officially died. It's hard to buy something expensive when you already have one. At least for me it is. I'm planning another garage sale (so I can have my garage back) in July. The second or third weekend. Not sure which yet. Maybe I'll make enough then to get my camera.....doubtful.
So what is this good news you ask:
Trish is Pregnant! Whooo Hooo. This is really happy news for the family. Mom is getting her 5th grandchild. Right when we thought that Tammy was catching up! I so wanted Trish to have the next baby so it was good for me too! I was terrified I would accidently get pregnant before Trish and dreaded telling her! Now it's no more worries! So now Katie is due in January and Trish is due in Febuary. Who wants March? Anyone? What no takers? (in the back of the room sits Jeff praying it won't be us)
Jeff got a book from a friend at work about how to get your kid to sleep. This guy has twins and they both take 2 naps a day and sleep all night long. Although I'm very happy for him (ok, only kinda happy) I'd rather not rely on a book to tell me how to take care of my kid! It's not like Sophy NEVER sleeps. She just doesn't take 2 long naps anymore. I wish she did, but it just doesn't happen. She will sleep through the night most nights. I'm still not sure why Jeff thinks this is all such a good idea. Maybe if we had started this from the beginning, but since we haven't...yeah don't think it'll work. After hearing my arguements on this subject he handed it to me and said "well here it is to read when you get the chance" Ummmm, hello, Sophy doens't take two long naps a day and is trying to walk......when do I get a chance to shower let alone read a book? You gotta be kidding me.
Ok that is my rant for the month.
On a totally different note: If you don't watch The 4400, you should! It's awesome!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The only thing that worked for us when Becca was little was a routine. Doing the same thing every night at roughly the same time. With Gracie, swaddling worked until she got to big for the swaddle. Now, she has her routine too.

Hugs,
Melinda

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be such a stinker here, but... You expect an IVERSON baby to sleep TWO long naps during the daytime? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Now THAT's funny!!! Tell Jeff to remember that HE barely slept ONE long nap, and that this is just payback!!!

Shannon said...

Let me state for the record that I'm happy with Sophy's sleep patterns. It's not too bad and she gets enough sleep. It is Jeff who is upset. And yes Sophy does have a routine.