Wednesday, November 08, 2006

14 weeks and growing strong!

I snapped some pictures of Sophy in her cute Cinderella outfit. She actually has two cute cinderella outfits, however she didn't fit in them until now. One we got when she was a month old. The other was given to her for her 1st birthday. So now at 15 months she finally fits into them. So here are pictures of Sophy in her cute clothes that finally fit. I used the cool camera feature on one of them. It was before I really figured out how to use the feature, but that's ok.
For those of you who don't know, sunday is my birthday. I'll be 25. I feel a lot older than that. 25 just seems to young for someone who is having their second kid! We also have an ultrasound coming up soon. Everyone needs to start praying that we can see little parts early so I don't have to wait until december to find out what we're having. If you hadn't noticed I'm not a patient person. I'm ready to know NOW!
I'm 14 weeks!It's funny because even with the early setbacks this pregancy seems to be going faster than the last one. I guess because I have Sophy keeping me so busy this time around. Speaking of Sophy...She has been one grumpy girl the last two days. She'll stand next to me and just wimper! Nothing is wrong as far as I can tell, she's just grumpy. Maybe because I've been so moody lately. These hormones of mine are not conducive to a happy home! At least Sophy seems happy today, maybe she'll keep it up.
Here's what baby center says about the baby now: Head to bottom, your baby's 3 1/2 inches long — about the length of a lemon — and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. Her body's growing faster than her head, which now sits upon a more well-defined neck. By the end of this week, her arms will have lengthened and will be in proportion to the rest of her body. (Her legs still have some growing to do, though.) She's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair all over her body (called lanugo). Her liver starts secreting bile this week, a sign that it's already functioning properly, and her spleen starts contributing to the production of red blood cells. She's also producing and discharging urine into the amniotic fluid, a normal process that she'll keep up until birth. You still can't feel your baby's movements, but her hands and feet (which are now half an inch long) are more flexible and active. Thanks to brain impulses, her little facial muscles are getting a workout as she squints, frowns, and grimaces. She can grasp now, too, and she may be able to suck her thumb.

No comments: