Tuesday, November 21, 2006

16 weeks!

I'm officially 16 weeks along and I feel great. I've been a little sick, but I'm not tired and I can eat again so I feel great. We are supposed to go to Kansas City to visit for Thanksgiving tommorrow. So I have been cleaning and washing getting everything ready to go. I've had to go christmas shopping and get all the presents wrapped up so I will have all the presents for Katie's family ready when we get there. I think I'm almost done, just have Paul's left to wrap. I also got all the christmas decorations up. Well not all of them, but most of them. It looks so pretty in here! In prep for leaving for the holiday I made the whole family visit the doctor. Jeff has been coughing and congested and so has Sophy so I thought it better to make sure we are well before we travel. Turns out I had a sinus infection and Jeff had the start to one, Sophy was the shocker! She had double ear infections, a sinus infection, and the infection had moved behind her eyes too! So off we went to the pharmacy to get the family medicines. We are all on antibiotics and decongestants. Doctor said to call if Sophy's fever goes up, but other than that we are ok to travel. At least we all got a good nights sleep last night for the first time in a while. On the new baby front, I think we finally came up with a name! Of course I can't tell, but I think everyone will like it! It's completely different than any name I've previously mentioned so no one knows what it is! I've started trying to teach it to Sophy, but she's having a hard time with it. She said it once, it was SO cute!
Here's what baby Center says about the new baby: At 4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/2 ounces, your baby is about the size of an avocado. In the next three weeks, she'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling her weight and adding inches to her length. Her lower limbs are much more developed now. Her head is more erect than it has been, and her eyes have moved toward the front of her head. Your baby's ears are close to their final position, too. Some of her more advanced body systems are working, including her circulatory system and urinary tract. Her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, circulating her total blood volume through her body many times. (By the end of your pregnancy, this will increase to about 190 quarts.) The patterning of her scalp has begun, though her hair isn't recognizable yet. Although closed, her eyes are moving (slowly), and she's even started growing toenails.

No comments: