Thursday, January 07, 2010

2010 Goals

I finally decided it was time to write about my 2010 goals. As discussed before I think Goals suit my life much better than resolutions. I plan on sticking with goals this year too. After all it worked out pretty well for me last year.
Goal #1: Complete novel #2!
It has been over a year since I wrote my first novel. I focused on reading last year. And even though I greatly enjoyed it, and learned a lot, I plan on focusing a little more on writing this year. I am about ten thousand words into book #2 right now. I hope to complete it with at least 65 thousand words before the year is over. Now honestly I would like to finish it a lot sooner than that, but actually getting it done is a big motivation for me. I hope by going public with my goal I'll be more likely to hold myself to it.
As a side goal I hope to research and learn more about writing. I hope to write much more on here and I have several guest post/articles I have been asked to write for other blogs. My brother has started one for writers which I hope to utilize to better my word crafting. I hope to do a post here about it as soon as I get a few moments to put it together.
Goal #2: Laundry!
I am notoriously bad about washing clothes, piling them on the couch, and forgetting about them! I hope to get on top of my laundry situation and stay on top of it! I worked out a great system last year, but it involved having light in my laundry room...so job number one will be to fix the broken light fixture and/or replace it. I also hope to do a load ever other day to keep things from getting out of control. We'll see how it goes.
Side goal for this one would be cleaning out old clothes from the house and re-organizing all our closets. Ah, I love an excuse to Organize something!
I have a few smaller goals for the year, but not ones I feel compelled to go public with. As anyone else I hope to lose some weight, but I don't have a specific number in mind. To that end I worked out for the first time since before thanksgiving (possibly longer) today. It was brutal! My body hurts rather badly, but I managed to stick it out for over an hour and I feel good about that. I also found a new favorite workout song. I notice that I find them ever so often. Songs from the past have been: The New Workout Plan by: Kanye West and Pizza Butt by: MC Chris. Current Fav.- Imma Be by: The Black Eyed Peas. All fun up-tempo songs. You should check them out on iTunes. Sadly after pre-ordering the new Ok Go album and downloading new workout music I have little of my iTunes card left for writing music...oh well.
Happy 2010 everyone. What are your goals?

2 comments:

Trish said...

I agree that goals are somehow more fulfilling than resolutions. I need to think about mine and get them on paper. Do you want to be weight-loss buddies? I need help!

Serena Shurtz said...

all you crazy creative pogues. that's awesome about ure books. i had that goal at one point, alothough my novel was of a different sort and when i let my husband read the first few inserts, well, lets just say i haven't written since.
the laundry. I have TONS!! but i also have a teeny tiny laundry room. can say that i do a load a day and it keeps me from getting overwhelmed.

I love love working out. and i find it takes 3 weeks to make it habit and 1 week of neglecting to get on the bandwagon again. good luck and find things that u like and r fun