Thursday, January 14, 2010

Book Addict

I have a confession to make: I have fallen off the wagon, again.

I discovered this when I woke up this morning bleary eyed and word hung over searching for my oh so important book so I could get a quick fix before taking the kiddo to school. Sadly after grabbing my book I was forced to a realization.

Hello, my name is Shannon and I'm a book addict.

When Jeff left on Sunday I thought I would just read one book to keep my mind off him being gone. Of course the one book I read was finished too quickly. I devoured it in one sitting. Then the desire was there. I wanted a new book now. "It’s only one book." I told myself, "I'll keep it cheap." I justified as I drove to the bookstore. I left that store proudly clutching my one book. A nice fat paperback that should keep me busy for a week. Little did I know that it was not one, but two books in one! "Even better" I thought. I happily dove into my new read. The end, however, was not the end. Turns out my books were the first two books in an eight book series. I am now the owner of six of those books. The last two aren't out yet. I have finished reading four of them.
I now am just hoping to finish the last two in quickly so that I will be able to return to my regularly scheduled life.

Hopefully I will find the help I need to pull myself out of this. But do they even have Over Readers Anonymous?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a love of books too. Unfortunatlely, it has taken a back seat to being a mom as Piper is just now getting to the age where I can read a little when she is around. Have you looked into those places where you can swap books with people? I don't know how they really work, but it might help out on the budget a little!!

How's your book coming?

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I assume warm-hearted post. Especially the appellation attracted me to read the sound story.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest the public library system. Libraries are great places where you can load up on books and they cost you nothing (well except for the part where you pay taxes). Libraries also have DVDs. This way you can support your book reading habit and not worry about the price.

http://www.mls.lib.ok.us/mls/mls_library/ed.htm

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.