Tuesday, February 06, 2007

27 weeks


Boy has it been a busy day! Jeff and I both went for teeth cleanings today. It went well. It took a little longer for me because of the sensitive gums due to pregnancy. I also had an OB visit and had to do the glucose test. Basically they hand you a sugary drink and make you get blood drawn an hour after you drink it to check how your body handles the sugar. That was one YUCKY drink! The the lab was backed up and I think about 6 woman want to murder me because they skipped me ahead of them. I had to get the blood draw one hour exzactly after the drink so they just bumped me up the list. I also spent some time with Trish. She is SO close to having that baby. It's the worst part I think, being at the end but not being finished. One thing is for sure though, she can't be pregnant forever.
Sophy is doing very well. She had her 18 month check up. She is skinny but tall with a big head! Hahaha. She is 90% for Head, 50% (average) height, and 5% weight. Funny thing is she was eating crackers through the entire visit. Eats all the time! Silly girl. She has also decided that she is too big for her toddler bed and refuses to sleep in it anymore. She now sleeps in the big bed. It's a little scary for me because I'm afraid she will fall out, but she hasn't even tried to get down on her own yet and she has done very well. It does make life a little easier for us now that she sleeps there, it just feels weird to me. She growing up too fast! Her vocabulary is speedily increasing too. In the last week alone she's learned many new things! She can point to body parts and name them now! She was also impressed with Snow. Although she calls it S- No. A little mix up when asking me what it was is to blame for that.
Here's what babycenter says about the baby right now:
Your baby is really starting to fill up your uterus. This week he weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long with his legs extended. He can now open and close his eyes, and he sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. He may suck his fingers, and although his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning with assistance if he were to be born prematurely. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments and isn't bothersome to him, so enjoy the tickle. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now.

No comments: