Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday

Yesterday we had a dull day. I was planning on taking the girls to a national park and walking down the nature trails. However when I got up in the morning I decided I needed to know what was going on in the world (it happens every now and then) and I turned on Good Morning America. the very first story I saw was about a family walking down the path in a national park in New Mexico when their son was brutally attacked by a mountain lion. ON THE PATH!
Needless to say I changed our plans.
They are filming the next transformers movie here. All the hotels are packed with set designers and location scouts. The actors and stuff aren't coming till next week when they start filming so I decided to go hunting for the set. If you've ever been here before you know how impossible that really is. It's miles and miles of desert. The really could be anywhere out there.
I heard a rumor that they were building a small set in Cloudcroff, a tiny town on the mountain. So we drove up there looking for it. We didn't find it.
So that was yesterday.
Today we went to the Pistachio Tree Farm. IT was fun. Lots of trees.
We had a short nap (mostly because they rebelled against nap at all). And now they are running around our hotel room waiting for Dad to get back. I did get all our stuff packed up and ready to be loaded in the car for tomorrow. We will start the drive home and finish on Thursday.
The first picture is the pistachio tree ranch. The second is Lola being silly in our room.

No comments: