Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice

Update: Jeff has made it home safely. Except for some trouble getting him up the driveway it was slow but uneventful. So prayers work!
As I sit here I hear the distinctive banging and pounding that is usually attributed to tribal drumming. I would be half afraid of a band being in my backyard if it wasn't for the twenty degree temperature and even lower windchill. I might send my dogs out just to be on the safe side, but all four pounds of Dauby would freeze in about a minute.
I love cold days with snow and even sometimes ice. I don't like going out in the ice, but I like being holed up at home with good food and my loved ones. Today has left me with much anxiety though. Jeff left for work at his usual time and made it safe and sound. Getting home has been the hard part. The roads were getting slick by 9am and were downright dangerous by noon. I have called him about twenty times begging him to just come home already. He is such a good worker that he hates leaving early if he can help it. I get that and love him for it. The hard part for me was sitting home with two fussy girls (one of whom is constantly asking for her daddy) and seeing the various wreak and weather reports that keep popping on screen. With no good news on the telley I really wanted my hubby safe.
They finally sent out a notice at his office telling everyone to go home before it gets any worse or risk staying the night. So he is slowly making his way home. I'm scared to death for him since at least half of the trip home is on raised interstate. So please lift a pray for my honey that he makes it safe and sound.
Other than the stress of waiting all my family is fine. We still have electricity (obviously) and rarely lose power in these storms. If we do lose power we have a fireplace and wood handy. I hope everyone else is well prepared and enjoying the day snuggled up at home. Oh and that drumming outside...turns out it's the ice freezing on the roof vents.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I will indeed keep your hubby in my prayers. Mine just now made it home. I was in Crescent for work this morning and I was able to leave about 12:45 rather than 4:30. I made it home fine, too, about 50 minutes later. Stay safe and warm!