Monday, January 05, 2009

Oh to tell a tale, or read one.

Hello All. We have all survived the holidays around here and are working our way back to a normal pace. I hope to scan and post some holiday pictures of the girls soon, but you know me and promises.... It sure seems like the last two months have just flown by. Of course I think that every january. Theres just so much going on this time of year.
Lately I have been reading a lot more than normal. I have been engrossed in reading new stories. It all stared wiht a call to go buy new books back in november. I responded to the call and not only did I read a few books I've been waiting for but I also re-discovered the joy of roam shelves full of new stories never seen by my eyes before.
Of course publishers have a nasty habit of buying series. Good for them because I fall right in with the "I have to read them all from the first one" type. So I've discovered several new series that I enjoyed.
Here is my list of reading from december until now:
The City of Ember by: Jeanne DuPrau
The People of Sparks by: Jeanne DuPrau
The Prophet of Yonwood by: Jeanne DuPrau
The Diamond of Darkhold by: Jeanne DuPrau
The Warrior Heir by: Cinda Williams Chima
The Wizard Heir by: Cinda Williams Chima
The Dragon Heir by: Cinda Williams Chima
The Frog Princess by: E.D. Baker
Dragon's Breath by: E.D. Baker
Once Upon a Curse by: E.D. Baker
No Place for Magic by: E.D. Baker
The Salamander Spell by: E.D. Baker
The Dragon Princess by: E.D. Baker

Also I read a few in november that I liked. Of those I highly recommend Edymion Spring by: Mattthew Skelton it's very intresting and I loved the story behind the story. I am currently reading all the Jane Austin stories when I realized I had seen the movies and never read the books! How could that have happened? I am on Pride and Preduice right now and have a lovely book called Darcy's Story waiting int he wings, as well as the first 5 of the shopaholic series. With Hunger Games that completes my current nightstand line up. I hope those will keep me busy reading for a while, but who knows. It's sometimes hard for my mind to switch between genres. I love my fantasy worlds of dragons, but oh can Jane Austin write a tale!
I hope to read 100 books in 2009. I will endever to update of my current reading list along the way. We'll see how things go since I also want to write one more story this year too. Which one to choose first?
What good stories have you read lately? I really like YA and Fantasy and anything funny. I am always ont he look out for a new good find. Please let me know so I can check it out. I am thinking of starting a variation of a book club that is for reccomendations. In it the members would read one book a month (whatever story they chose) and then bring it with them to talk about at the meeting. We'd most likely meet at a bookstore coffee house since it'd be close to allt he new books! I figure we'd show up with our book and tell the others about it and if we liked it. We'd keep a log of what has been mentioned and what rating it got. We could add the other members ratings if they choose to read it too. Then we all pick out new books to read. It'd be a fun way to hear about new books and share your experience good or bad about the one you read. If anyone is intrested let me know. I'd love t get it going with and asortment of readers!

No comments: