Friday, January 23, 2009

You tell me:

I'm so glad to see I haven't lost all my readers with my prolonged absence. And if you are new I'd LOVE to have you comment so I can check out your blog(if you have one) and meet you.
It's been great with my diet. All is going smoothly and I'm grieving over the loss of food less and less each day. I'm still leaning the art of eating out and staying on track of everything, but it shouldn't take too long.
I haven't been writing. It's a sad admission. Part of it is due to the lack of word currently operating on my laptop, the other is just laziness I guess. During Nanowrimo I got a great idea and even started it, but I just wasn't in a writing mood. I know that sounds like a cop out, but sometimes it's true. When I'm super stressed or focused on other things it's hard to write for me. I'm not the brilliant writer that my brother and father are. I still struggle with basic grammar often (as most readers should be able to tell). I do love a good story though. And the joy of creating not just a story but characters and lives and new concepts and realities. It's a thrill. I miss that part. I had one of my test readers finish my first story recently. She wanted to know what happens next....That's just what I wanted. I love to read a story so intriguing that you want to know more at the end, even if it's not a series. That has always been my goal. For said friend, I promise to share the story lines of the next three books should I never get around to writing them (because yes, I HAVE thought it all out that far).
Right now I've been in a funk. Life is flowing smoothly along. We have our bumps like anyone else but for the most we are where we want to be doing what we want, so why the funk? That's the question that has been dangling at the back of my mind for a week or so now. I described it to Jeff last night. Back when I was single and everything was great I'd have moments of "man I wish I was getting married" or "wow it'd be cool to be married and having a baby". Not so much because I wanted that in the moment so much as I wanted a change. Something to focus on and work towards. Last night I heard a sweet song on the radio and thought "I wish I was getting married", followed quickly by the thought "Oh wait, I AM married.". It triggered something in my mind that I must need a new goal.
I think all these ramblings can be very confusing to anyone who is not closely acquainted with me and my complicated thought process. If I've lost you by now don't worry, I'm almost done. Glad some of you (Heather) are already used to this.
With the new goal registered I decided that rather than start a new one maybe I should get busy on one I already have and am currently failing. So writing I think it will be. I have been daydreaming about story tidbits and writing whole chunks of stories in my head before falling asleep at night. It's time. So here's to the hope of getting some work done.
Now to decide what to work on. Here's where you come in. If you ever wrote a story what would it be about? And for fun throw out a quick story idea that I could use. Just to get the creative juices flowing.

No comments: