Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Stupid Neighbors

So we went away for the weekend. It was good. Then we came home....
We pulled up and I thought "hmmm we need to mow". It wasn't really bad, but it needed it. I mean we were gone all weekend so it'd been a little over a week. Well I check the mail and find not one but two notes from my neighbors. They said that if we have a home we should take care of it or get rid of it and that if we have pets we should take care of those pets or get rid of them. Now I know that my puppies aren't near as pampered as they used to be, but they are by no means mistreated. We left them in the dog run while we were gone and although they they didn't get their weekly bath they were still provided for. I had Casey checking on them each day and left food in their house and she added more if they needed it. We also left out a bowl of water with the hose in it so they'd always have fresh water. They have a nice big dog house and blankets if they got cold and shade if they were hot. I asked Casey to bring them in if there was bad weather, which there wasn't. I just don't see how they were mistreated? Shurely not so bad that the humane society needs to come take them away! Stupid neighbors. On top of that When Jeff went out to mow he came in and said "did you trim back the tree and cut out those dieing bushes?" I ran outside and found that the dieing bushes are gone completely and where there once was a tree there was now a stick! Who gave anyone the right to come onto my property and cut out my bushes and trim my tree? Even if it needed it (and that tree didn't need it that much!). I went next door and asked the only semi nice neighbor about the note. I didn't think she had done it but I knew that she knew who did! So of course about 30 minutes after a semi pleasent conversation I had the neighbor from across the street come over to yell at me. She didn't even want to talk calmly or anything. She wanted to yell and was totally irrational. She said that if we couldn't afford to pay someone to take care of our yard we shouldn't be living here. She said that if I didn't care for the yard (not that I don't in the first place!) or my pets than there is no way that I cared properly for my daughter. She said she felt sorry for Sophy that she was stuck with such a bad mother. Whoa! That was WAY beyond crossing the line! So now with a little advice from the most wonderful realtor EVER (seriously if you ever want to buy a house she's awesome so call and I'll give you her number) I am documenting everything and making calls. We have a solid case for harassment and destruction of private property. Not that I want it to go that far though. Of course if she pushes me to it it would pay for sophy's college.....hmmmmm. So now Jeff and I will be doing yard work instead of having a garage sale this weekend to fill the giant holes in our flower beds. Stupid Neighbors!
*Note: The first picture is of the yard BEFORE we mowed. The second is the stick that is left of my tree. The third is were my sad looking bushes used to be.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What the???? I've had some bad neighbors before, but NOTHING like that. Oh my word. Buy some nice Azaela bushes for your holes. ;)

Hugs,
Melinda
mghollis.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

I was thinkinh about puting Hydranga bushes there.....but it'll be unbalanced.

Marie said...

We had a lady come over once and yell at us for cutting down dead pine trees (that could potentially have fallen on our home). There are some weird people out there but I have never had one go as far as yours did.....Good luck with her!

Anonymous said...

if that person is that irrational, then do take it to court. otherwise, it will become worse than it already is. XP i hope the judge will tell that person to volunteer for the community instead of being a busibody.

Heather Sutherlin said...

I repeat your first comment - Stupid Neighbors!

"You wan' I should come beat them up, Boss?"

Mssrowlett said...

I would be more than happy to move my neighbor across the street from me to live right next door to your "STUPID" neighbor. That would drive her crazy! I would make sure that my neighbor brings her "light up" pillars for the driveway, her dead weeds sorry excuse for a yard and her blue bed posts that have been laying out front for 3 weeks because the garbage men won't pick that up. Your "stupid" neighbor has NO clue how bad it could be!!

Heather and I could so take her!

Saska said...

My kids live in Edmond! (apartment dwellers) Hope your find a better neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi, you don’t know me, however I am in a similar situation. My next door neighbors who are now moving killed several of my plants 300 dollars worth. I also have a collection of rocks that were thrown in my back yard I am glad my little girl has not gotten hurt with me mowing. They also have a camera pointed directly in my back yard we are a good family and have never done anything to deserve this. They are very vindictive and I believe it will still go on even after they move. I also believe they have been listening in on my family's conversations. They have really scared me on several different levels and I really would like to find out where they are moving to help the next family they choose to harassed. I believe some neighbors do this because they are jealous of other families and they are extremely crazy.
I hope things get better for you.