Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My new adventure!

As many of you already know I have been in the process of updating my portfolio and restarting up my business. There have been some really exciting things happening along these lines. My Portfolio is looking great! I just need a few pictures. I need to up my Bridal portraits in my Portfolio and I need more maternity and New-baby portraits. In this mind I am asking all my friends that live in the area and still fit into their wedding dress (I don't so don't feel bad if not!) and are willing to dress up for a day and get some shots taken! Since this is just helping me out I'm not charging you anything, but it might be hot uncomfortable work and you're not getting paid. Hey it's an excuse to wear your dress though. If you are interested I need to know your head piece (tiara, veil, hat, none etc.) and I need to know your train length (demi, chapel, cathedral, or none) . I also need to know when you are available. I plan on doing shoots at the Will Rogers Gardens, Capitol Building, and a few other places. If you have any great ideas on a location feel free to pitch in your two cents. Along this line if you want your maternity shots done by me let me know and I'll arrange for it. I only do Location shoots at this time which means no studio shots. I like it better this way because the portraits turn out more personal.
Along these lines I'm also planning a fund raiser event to help me raise the startup so my family doesn't suffer for this venture. I'm planning on having a day in Sept. when you can bring your child to a location and get a small fall themed package for only $10. You will receive an 8x10, 5x7, 2 3.5x5, and 8 wallets. You can bring your child in costume or just dressed in a cute fall outfit. You'll get to choose one pose and the pictures will be ready in about a week. Theres even talk of having Photo cards available through Photocard Cafe (see link to the left). Please let me know if you are interested in signing up for this one day limited event!
I am looking forward to all the new things that are happening in my life and the speed of which it is all coming together. I hope to have a new Photography site up and running in no time! In the mean time I appreciate everyones help and encouragement as well as the many prayers that have gone up about all of this.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That was definitely a fun time! :D